Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cheating via meme, already

I thought I was so cool, being prepared to blog again after such a long absence. So much going on in my actual life (Busy's 3rd birthday, more staff stuff at church, getting ready for VBS in less than two weeks) that I am hiding my head in the sand about all that and blogging about something else. HG's birthday meme from 7/12 caught my eye, so I am trying my hand at the following: "Go to wikipedia and type in the day and month of your birth. Then pick three events, two births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday and post them."

CMG's birthday: November 25

Three events
1926 - The worst, deadliest tornado outbreak in U.S. November history strikes on Thanksgiving day. 27 twisters of great strength reported in the midwest, including the strongest November tornado, an estimated F4, that devastates Heber Springs, Arkansas. 51 deaths in Arkansas alone, 76 deaths and over 400 injuries in all.
1947 - Red Scare: The "Hollywood Ten" are blacklisted by Hollywood movie studios.
1963 - President John F. Kennedy is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

Two births
1960 - John F. Kennedy, Jr., American publisher (d. 1999)
1981 - Barbara Bush and Jenna Bush, daughters of George W. Bush and Laura Bush\

One holiday
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women (since 1981)

No comments: