Friday, February 03, 2006

Life is complicated. Example:

Last night I got one piece of news that upset me on three different levels. How is that possible? Guess it's all part of being a grown-up.

The news: Friends of mine from church (our youth minister JP and his wife MP, the director of children's music) just accepted positions as counselors at a church camp elsewhere in the state. They'll be leaving by the end of the month.

Level 1: We're losing our friends! I took my one and only Bible class with this couple. They are sweet, kind and giving people, and they bring so much life and energy to our church! MP leads all the children's choirs and Big just adores her. Also she teaches the Kindermusik class that Busy and I are in. Busy just learned to say the name of their 2yo son. We will all miss them a bunch. (Not to mention, MP was going to help me with VBS this summer.)

Level 2: I am chair of our church's staff-parish relations committee. I should have heard this news from official channels, specifically from our senior pastor. Not sure why I didn't. Need to call him today.

Level 3: It's MY committee's responsibility to fill these positions! Ack! So much for having a nice quiet year.

***************************
Further discussion and thought reveals:

Level 4: My GIH reacted to the news by trying to be "helpful" regarding our church's employment policies. You know, because he's such a STELLAR businessman.

No comments: