Monday, January 16, 2006

Ack! Another tag?!

Sorry to the Nuclear Mom, who tagged me four days ago and it took me this long to find out.

For those who don't know WTF I'm talking about, read this: "The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits I have" and people who get tagged then write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says you have been tagged? (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours."

So this is about "Five Weird Habits I Have." I'm starting to believe that the word "meme" must really be pronounced "ME! ME!" I keep intending to post about something more interesting/insightful than my own life, which is my belated excuse for the lack of a recent update, but it just ain't happenin'. So here we go. But I should admit up front that I'm having a hard time identifying anything in my perfect little world as actually WEIRD. Y'all who do things differently than I do are the freaks, you know.

1. I still get a kick out of using symbols and abbreviations that I learned in high school calculus. My particular favorites are IFF (if and only if) and wrt (with respect to - yes, as in take the derivative with respect to x.)

2. I absolutely must have the last word. This is a fact that I am slow to realize about myself. I'm not sure which statement makes me weirder. But it finally dawned on me as I was tucking Big into bed one night, and found myself responding to every single comment she made, trying to prolong the bedtime.

3. I notice patterns in numbers, constantly. Some are easy to spot, like my MIL's birthday (4/11/44). Others are more obscure, like the similarity between my ZIP code back in Indiana (47401) and my first ZIP code in Oklahoma (74017). See? They're both made from the same digits!!

4. I would rather spend 20 minutes making my hair look "just perfect" in the morning than spend 15 minutes on the hair and 5 minutes to put on makeup, even though the latter routine would probably give me a better look, overall.

5. Just to prove that my brain doesn't have two left halves: I helped Big create her first riddle: Where does Po come from? From Po-land! And we giggle about this wildly. Hey, what can I say? She's 4!

OK, that was pretty lame. But I'll tag some other people and make that their problem:
Gretchen, Lisa R, Nance, Coleen (got a blog out there?) and Kelley (whom I still think of as Kelli-Loo, even though she'll kill me for that!)

5 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

Maybe it's a chemist thing... I could have written #3 and #4 both.

gretchen said...

You're not nearly weird enough, based on this. I simply have to believe you're holding out on us. I'll try to get to my entry in a timely manner, and I'll try not to scare anyone with it. :o)

gretchen said...

Alrightie. I've fulfilled my blogtag obligations, and even posted some nontag stuff. That should do for January. Somebody nudge me next month.

Kelley said...

Don't make me go all Road Rage Kelley on you. ;-) Actually, AK already tagged me and I still haven't done it because there's no one left to tag!

Lisa said...

Ack - you are going to make me go dust off my blog now aren't you! :)